Workplace Safety: A Guide for Small and Midsized Companies,
the Amazon #1 bestseller for workplace safety, helps you create a workplace safety plan, comply with regulations, save money on workers’ compensation insurance costs, and make the workplace safer. This timely book is written with the multitasking manager, and business owner of small and midsized businesses in mind, and presents practical advice that facilitates making workplace safety a reality without it becoming a burden. Recognizing that no single plan will work for every business, this guide shows you how to create a Workplace Safety Program that is directly related to your operations, and the controls necessary to reduce the potential for injuries and illnesses. It includes valuable resources (in the book and online) such as a needs assessment, a twelve-month safety calendar, and OSHA forms. Key strategies and features include:
• Creating and building a consistent and successful safety program through its user-friendly presentation… to enable you to efficiently grasp the relationship between injuries & illnesses, regulatory mandates, and financial management
• Going beyond compliance—what are the “best safety practices” incorporated by successful companies
• Reducing workers’ compensation insurance costs and managing injuries and illness
• Essential information and resources for compliance with OSHA
• Choosing the right insurance agent/broker and workers’ compensation insurance programs
• Enlightening feedback from top safety professionals: “Greatest Lessons Learned in Achieving Safety Success”
• Corresponding online resource library at www.workplacesafetynow.com
About the Authors
STEVE THOMPSON, ARM, COSS, is President of Aspen Risk Management
Group and ERGOhealthy; and Principal with Polestar
Performance Programs. At Aspen, their risk and safety mission is to save lives, prevent injuries & illnesses, and protect their clients from financial harm.
He is a respected industry professional, and has served in risk/safety management positions for small, medium, and large companies. Steve has helped hundreds of companies improve their human resources, insurance, and safety functions. He has taught at the college level, is a former Air Force medic, and holds a BS in health care management from Southern Illinois University.
DAN HOPWOOD, MPH, ARM, CBCP, is
AVP and Safety & Health Manager for Zenith Insurance
Company. He has both managed and owned risk consulting firms in addition to being an officer and manager for insurance companies and brokerages. Dan has specialized in the development of safety and risk management programs, and he created and managed the Occupational Safety and Health Management Certificate Program at San Diego State University College of Extended Studies. He holds a BS in health sciences/industrial safety and a master of public health (MPH) with a concentration in occupational health from San Diego State University.